Project Managers for Thomson Reuters
The role will build strong customer relationships with key individuals and teams across Elite and our clients in China. The Project Manager is accountable for definition and delivery of Elite projects (3E and Mattersphere); 3E is a financial ERP and Mattersphere is a matter management and workflow system targeted to professional services organizations, particularly law firms.
This role will provide leadership throughout the project life-cycle to the project team and ensure that team members are motivated, develop their skills and experience and are effective as a team. The Project Manager is the primary client contact during implementations and is responsible for client satisfaction of same.
- Delivers projects within budget, agreed timeline and scope, with quality; prepare regular status and financial reporting to the client; executes regular status meetings with the client and project team; manages day-to-day client relationship.
- Actively participates in all phases of the project. Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project.
- Champions the Elite Project Quality Methodology and the Express Services Package Methodology, both based on PMI principles, and ensures their project governance is put in place throughout all project phases
- Provides thought leadership on the appropriateness of tools and process as relates to project goals.
- Modifies personal approach and style to reflect changing circumstance.
- Plans and manages project activity to maximize commercial return for the company, ensuring a focus on minimizing lost and non-billable time.
- Ensures any change orders arising are discussed well in advance to ensure the customer’s expectations are managed effectively, and that the Sales account manager is engaged.
- Ensures timely and accurate completion of all internal project management reports including milestone, backlog/financial forecast, resource forecast, status and other reports, as requested.
- Ensures accuracy in relation to the recording of all time and expense related to the project, and the accurate and timely billing of same to the customer.
- Manages their own time effectively to maximize utilization and to balance demands from multiple projects.
- Meets individual contributor targets for billable hours, utilization, etc. as set from time to time.
Localization Project Manager for Amazon
Amazon’s Employee Engagement Platforms team, part of HR Services, is seeking a Localization Project Manager to provide best-in-class localization project management for standard operating procedures, policies, FAQs, articles, and other worldwide content. This role will be located in Beijing.
The Employee Engagement Platforms Team owns the Human Resources self-service strategy and ensures a consistent global user experience for all Amazon employees. We are a fun and diverse team with members in several different countries. We help to enable employee self-sufficiency by providing simple, intuitive tools with personalized content that can be accessed anywhere, by any device. Our goal is to empower employees to find answers to their questions, with additional support from Amazon’s Employee Resource Center (ERC) to answer specialized questions through a variety of contact channels designed to meet the preferences of our employees. We use a variety of data sources to better understand customer needs and partner with global shared service teams to design self-service solutions that leverage digital technologies (e.g., social, mobile, cloud, and analytics) to help HR create a world-class experience for employees.
As the Localization Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing projects within the end-to-end localization workflow required for US English source content, while also contributing to continuous improvement of our workflow for optimal success. You will manage tone-and-voice standards specific to localization and execute consistency of all content across multiple delivery platforms and multiple geographies. You are responsible for contributing to our worldwide strategy and coverage via our yearly roadmap. You will help foster our vendor relationships with outsourcing team(s), educate and drive adoption of localization best practices, and work with the localization manager to provide reporting to senior leaders on key metrics.
A successful candidate will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer-focused, team-oriented, and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. They will have a proven track record in using data to guide decisions, being able to prioritize, and acting upon the information received.
- Effectively manage multiple projects and initiatives from scope to evaluation in a closed-loop process.
- Follow and help develop standards, systems, and best practices (both human and technological) for content creation and localization.
- Leverage and streamline workflows.
- Ensure a consistent global experience and partner with other team members to support localization strategies.
- Partner with technology teams to make improvements to existing tools, or suggest new technological advancements.
- Balance technical specifications for content development quality, c
- Bachelor’s degree plus 3+ years professional experience in related field
- Experience in l10n, i18n, and g11n best practices
- Strong project management skills and experience
- Must be comfortable working with editorial teams, receptive of feedback and quick to apply changes
- Excellent team player
- Must be comfortable in fast-paced, deadline-driven environment and able to manage multiple priorities well
- Self-driven and ability to be both strategic and execution oriented
- Superior written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Strong knowledge of change management techniques
- Master’s Degree in related field
- Experience being part of a worldwide team
- Knowledge of Kaizen, Six Sigma, and other data-driven approaches to eliminating defects
- Professional level speaking or writing skills in a language other than English
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer * Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Localization Project Manager for Apple
Apple products create powerful personal connections with customers around the world. As a Localization Project Manager you will help shape our products so every customer’s experience across the globe is natural, effortless, and relevant.
We are a passionate group dedicated to the internationalization of Apple’s software products. We are looking for a technically savvy Localization Project Manager to help us deliver Apple software to our worldwide markets. The ideal candidate excels at organizing localization work on schedule and has the technical passion to streamline existing tools and processes.
Specific Responsibilities Include
- Coordination with engineering teams to sync development efforts and localization schedules
- Scheduling and coordinating localization work
- Troubleshooting and investigating International issues
- Evangelizing localizability issues with engineering teams
- Developing tools to streamline workflow and automate tasks
Bachelor’s Degree (in Computer Science or with equivalent experience)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong technical problem solving skills
- Proficient with UNIX and scripting languages
- Experience with software localization
- Passion for delivering International software
Familiarity or fluency in a non-English language Experience with Apple’s products Proficient with macOS and iOS Familiarity with Windows and Android products Project management experience Software QA experience Ruby and/or Python scripting experience
Translations Project Manager for Facebook
Facebook’s mission is to give people the power to build community and bring the world closer together. Through our family of apps and services, we’re building a different kind of company that connects billions of people around the world, gives them ways to share what matters most to them, and helps bring people closer together. Whether we’re creating new products or helping a small business expand its reach, people at Facebook are builders at heart. Our global teams are constantly iterating, solving problems, and working together to empower people around the world to build community and connect in meaningful ways. Together, we can help people build stronger communities — we’re just getting started.
Facebook is looking for an experienced Translations Project Manager to join the Facebook Blueprint team. Blueprint is an external global training program designed to educate advertisers, agencies, marketing partners, and small businesses on how to meet their business goals using the Facebook family of apps and services. The program has three pillars: eLearning: free online courses, available to anyone with a Facebook ID, Live: interactive in-person workshops, and Certification: proctored exams that test competency in Facebook advertising. The Translations Project Manager will work cross-functionally with internal and external teams to manage localization of learning content and make available across markets and regions. This role must be able to identify, establish, and optimize key processes for translations.
- Work directly with partners and internal stakeholders to assess, prioritize, and manage translations needs.
- Project manage in-house and external localization contractors.
- Support team members and oversee translations process end-to-end for all language translations (including existing translations).
- Partner with translations team and regional Language Managers to localize content for various market needs.
- Establish methodologies, standards, processes, and best practices to ensure all training materials are up to date.
- Provide updates on course and language availability to internal/external stakeholders, marketing/sales partners.
- Manage translations dashboard to provide visibility on course statuses.
- Evaluate current localization tools and processes and make suggestions for improvements, including opportunities to automate.
- 3+ years of project management experience with project planning, resource, and risk management
- Project management experience managing large-scale and/or multiple projects concurrently including, but not limited to, scoping and prioritizing projects, building project plans, and identifying critical paths
- Experience managing global training vendors
- Knowledge of internationalization and localization
- Experience managing a translation project from end-to-end
- Proactively manage website content within the content management system and take ownership for quality and accuracy
- Participate in the full web production lifecycle, including scoping out requirements, production, testing and ongoing management/refinement
- Facilitate translation and localisation of APAC websites, working closely with multiple cross-functional teams to ensure accuracy and high quality of localised content
- Manage translated terminologies and style guide for designated language for digital content
- Work collaboratively with developers, product managers, business stakeholders, QA. designers and other teams to produce and publish compelling content
- Ensure online content supports SEO goals, our brand standards, web style guidelines and legal and compliance requirements
- Incorporate learnings from analytics data into the continous improvement and refinement of content
- Learn about our customers and our products across APAC, and take the initiative to identify and strategize new content ideas
- Perform other related duties as assigned, based on the business need
- BA in a related field and 2+ years experience managing large-scale global content
- Proficient in using a content management system, ideally Drupal and Adobe Experience Manager (AEM)
- Understanding of SEO principles and content optimization
- Prior experience of working with Smartling, SDL Worldserver or other translation systems
- Experience of Google Analytics preferred
- Highly-organised with excellent project management skills and ability to meet tight deadlines
- Exceptional attention to detail, even under pressure
- Superior proofreading and copy editing skills
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic, fast-paced, international environment and to collaborate across time zones
- Knowledge of JIRA and experience of working in an agile environment would be advantageous
- A team-player with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in English (and Cantonese or Korean is a bonus).